Pages

Tuesday 19 December 2017

Week One : Day Two : Activities 1, 2 + Bonus Activity

Tuesday-19th-December-2017
Day 2: It’s All in a Day’s Work
Activity 1: A House or a Home?
In the 1800s, most Māori lived in villages called pa.
Each village had many buildings – kauta where people
cooked, pataka where they stored goods and wharepuni
where the Māori slept. A traditional wharepuni had a thatched
roof and walls made of timber, fern, rushes and bark. Look at
the picture above of a traditional wharepuni. Does it look like
your house?


On your blog, compare the wharepuni to your own home.
What are two similarities and two differences between a
wharepuni and your house?


Comparisons;

Activity 2: The Rules of Engagement
During the early years in New Zealand, men and women
would often marry at a young age. Women were expected to
have babies and remain in the home caring for their children.
Few, if any, left home in search of work. Men, on the other hand,
were expected to work outside of the home.

These days, we don’t have the same strict expectations about
work. Girls and boys can choose their own path in life. In fact, I
was lucky enough to go to university and to follow my dream of
becoming a teacher!

What is your dream job? Draw a picture of yourself doing your
dream job and post it on your blog. You could be a doctor, an actor
or even a zookeeper! I have drawn myself taking a picture of a
beautiful castle in Poland because I would love to become a travel
blogger and photographer one day.

My Dream Job;
My Dream Job is to be a Travelling Photographer because I love
travelling to different Countries especially Australia and I also love
taking photos of many places, people and even animals. Below is
the camera’s through the years on the left and on the right are
images of very popular places around the world such as the Eiffel
Tower, Statue of Liberty and Sky Tower of Sydney.


Bonus Activity: Special Meals
Back in the 1800s, most Māori ate a simple diet. They ate foods
that they could catch in the water (eg. fish) or grow on the land
(eg. kumara). They did not have access to a supermarket to buy
food for their meals! Speaking of meals, what is your favourite meal?
Mine is wood-fired pizza. Yum!

On your blog, post a picture of your favourite meal. Be sure to tell
us what it is and why it is your favourite. You could also include the
recipe if you have it so that we can all try it!

My Favourite Meal;


BONUS POINTS: 8

6 comments:

  1. Hey Mikaela,

    Just to let you know I can't see your comparisons work but I bet the answers are great.

    Your dream job sounds like it would be a lot of fun, I liked how you added the generations of the cameras from the very first to the most recent. Maybe you could have added the years to each camera.

    I really liked how you picked your culture
    traditional foods as your favorite meals, also how you provided information about what is and the ingredients. I also enjoyed how you added photos of the foods to show people.

    Keep up the Fantastic Work!

    Katelyn :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mikaela, it's Billy here from SLJ.

    Thanks for putting in a great effort and completing more activities! You have taken extra care and written answers that a thorough and easy to read.

    I look forward to reading your comparisons between the wharepuni and your own home.

    I like your special recipe you have posted, it looks delicious! It's actually making me kind of hungry now.
    It's really cool how you have three different pictures and three different photos to match the description. People love reading recipes like that!

    What time of year would you eat this meal?
    What does your family usually make for Christmas food?

    Thanks Mikaela, great blogging!

    Billy
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kia ora Mikaela
    My name is Sarah and I go to Glen Innes School
    I love your work and you have such an creative mind and I can just tell by your writing. Keep up the good work. What is your favourite dessert?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Malo Lelei Mikaela,
    I like your good start of the Summer Learning Journey which is great. I just wanna say that your work is amazing. Keep up the great work :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Mikaela I just read your post about the travelling photographer. I am so impressed with how you have presented this activity, well done you are very creative and clever.

    I like the way you have shown the different kinds of cameras across the years. It's interesting to see how they have changed and improved. It would be cool to see a change in photograph quality as well!

    I like how you have selected photographs of landmarks and put them onto a board. I wish I knew how to do that sort of thing! Congratulations on displaying your answer in such a unique way.

    Keep up the fantastic work Mikaela, you are doing a wonderful job!

    Billy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sup Mikaela,
    I like your dream job because you can travel and take photos of the country's you've been too. My Mum did that but it was for rugby.

    Great work
    Jerome;)

    ReplyDelete