Day 10 - Week 2
After meeting with the local family yesterday you are inspired to learn more about how people live in different countries. You and your family decide to go out and visit a local market. When you’re there you meet a student who tells you all about what it’s like to go to school in their country. The student also gives you a page from their diary that shows you what a typical school day is like for them.
Here is an example of a school diary for a student from Germany.
8:00 - 8:45 a.m.
8:45 – 9:30 a.m.
9:30 - 9:40 a.m.
9:40 -10:25 a.m.
11:30 – 12:15 p.m.
12:15- 1:00 p.m.
Think about your school and what you typically do in a day. Compare it with the diary from the German student. What is similar? What is different? In your blog, tell us:
- Whether you would rather go to school in New Zealand or in Germany
- Why you feel that way
1. I would rather go to school in New Zealand.
2. I feel like going to a school in New Zealand because I would be closer to my family and friends and I would not be able to understand and speak the German language.
Think about your favourite subject at school. In your blog tell us:
- The name of your favourite subject
- Why it is your favourite subject
1. My favourite subject is Mathletics.
2. The subject Mathletics is my favourite subject because I always like to learn the different connections between all the different types of Maths.